Newborn Session Information:
* I will arrive approximately 30 minutes before our scheduled appointment at a destination of your choice. This is basically to walk around, find good light, choose some backgrounds, adjust my lights, take some test shots, etc. This is a good time for you to feed and burp the baby.
* Then we’ll start shooting. I will bring several fabrics to use as backdrops for the baby. Don’t worry about dirtying them. I wash them after every session.
* I will stay to shoot for as long as it takes to get the shots that you want. Sometimes it takes an hour and a half. Sometimes it takes 4 hours. When we collectively agree that we have enough good shots, then we’re finished. I allow for plenty of time for these shoots so that we can take our time and get as many shots as we want.
* Suggestions. I’m always open to suggestions. If you have an important toy, blanket, or hat that you’d love to include in some shots, please mention it. Also, it’s always fun to put the baby in different things as long as he or she is safe and comfortable. Think about what you might have around the house that fits this style, i.e. baskets, vases, bowls, even a baseball mitt. If it doesn’t work, so be it. But I’m open to trying anything. Unless the baby is sitting IN the item, it’s best to keep it small.
* Please eat before our session. If you want to include any siblings in the shots, please feed them as well. In addition, I highly encourage Mom and Dad to get in a few shots with the baby. Fear not, I clean skin and blemishes to ensure all subjects look their best!
* Relax. My photo sessions are laid-back and can be crazy at times, but the goal is to have fun and capture memories. I go-with-the-flow and shoot what looks good to me. If an image does not look good to me, nobody will ever see it.
* Expect to receive a link from me anywhere between 1 to 2 weeks after our session. At this time you can view and order prints.
Contact me for more information or to schedule an appointment. I look forward to hearing from you!